Bits are digital content (i.e., animated emoticons) (“Bits”) that allow users of the Twitch Service to celebrate moments and express appreciation for specific broadcasters using the cheering feature (“Cheering”) on the Twitch Service.
Twitch’s Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”) include this Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”), which is incorporated by reference into the Terms of Service. By purchasing, enabling, interacting with or otherwise using Bits, you signify that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by Twitch’s Terms of Sale (if applicable), API Terms of Service (if applicable), Community Guidelines, and the Terms of Service, including this AUP. This AUP is subject to change from time to time with such changes effective upon posting at www.twitch.tv. Twitch encourages you to review this AUP regularly.
This AUP applies to all users of the Twitch Service, including broadcasters and developers. You are solely responsible for your use of Bits and you agree to use them at your own risk. BY USING THE TWITCH SERVICE, INCLUDING BITS, YOU AGREE NOT TO violate any law, contract, intellectual property or other third-party right, or commit a tort, and that you are solely responsible for your conduct while on the Twitch Service. You also agree that:
- You may use Bits for personal purposes only and not for any business, commercial or other use.
- You must use Bits only in a manner that, in Twitch's sole discretion, is consistent with the purposes of Bits, which is to allow users of the Twitch Service to celebrate moments and express appreciation for specific broadcasters by Cheering on the Twitch Service. Acceptable uses, subject to the limitations in Sections 3 and 4 below, include:
- Users may use Bits to celebrate amazing moments, show support for broadcasters, and be recognized.
- Broadcasters may express appreciation for Cheering and acknowledge chat messages that include Bits, including but not limited to, acknowledgement as a part of their broadcast or in overlays.
- Broadcasters may set goals for Bits usage by the community in a certain time period in order to provide content-based or other community benefits, or create leaderboards or other community experiences and benefits in connection with Bits usage.
- Broadcasters may trigger content or give community rewards for collective Bits usage (e.g. manipulate their broadcast if a cumulative Bits goal is reached, ask viewers to vote with Bits for particular content, or arrange a meetup for the community).
- Developers may create products or services, or provide functionality, to enable broadcasters with respect to these acceptable uses.
- You may not sell or transfer Bits to other users of the Twitch Service, or offer Bits in exchange for real or virtual currencies or any other consideration or items of value whether inside or outside of the Twitch Service. Accordingly, you may not sell, barter, or trade any Bits, or offer to sell, barter, or trade any Bits. You may only purchase Bits from Twitch, and you may only use Bits on the Twitch Service as authorized by Twitch. Any attempted prohibited sale or transfer will be null and void.
- Bits may not be used for illegal, improper, and/or inappropriate purposes.
- Illegal purposes include, but are not limited to:
- using Bits to violate any law, rule, or regulation;
- using Bits as a bet or wager or soliciting or accepting Bits for a bet or wager; or
- using Bits to engage in any fraudulent, criminal or other unauthorized activity, or soliciting or receiving Bits for any fraudulent, criminal or other unauthorized activity.
- Improper and/or inappropriate uses include, but are not limited to:
- Soliciting money or monetary value in exchange for Bits, or exchanging Bits for money or monetary value;
- Soliciting Bits in exchange for money or monetary value, or exchanging money or monetary value for Bits;
- Soliciting goods, services or digital content (including displaying certain chat messages, playing a game, being “friends,” or starting a private conversation) in exchange for Bits, or exchanging Bits for goods or services or digital content;
- Soliciting Bits for goods or services or digital content (including displaying certain chat messages, playing a game, being “friends,” or starting a private conversation), or exchanging goods or services or digital content for Bits;
- Giving Bits to a broadcaster as a payment substitute to a broadcaster, or in response to a request for financial support; or
- Soliciting Bits for donations or other financial support.
- Illegal purposes include, but are not limited to:
- Twitch reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to determine if Bits are being used for any of the foregoing purposes or activities.
- Violation of this AUP may result in civil or criminal liability, and Twitch, in its sole discretion, in addition to any remedy that it may have at law or in equity, may immediately terminate permission for you to use Bits. In addition, Twitch may investigate incidents that are contrary to this AUP and provide requested information to third parties who have provided notice to Twitch stating that they have been harmed by your failure to abide by this AUP. Twitch may bring legal action to enjoin violations and/or collect damages caused by any violation of any part of this AUP.
- Any violations or attempted violations of this AUP by you (or any third party acting on your behalf) will constitute a violation of the Terms of Service, including this AUP, by you and a material breach of any other applicable agreement, and/or supplements to any applicable agreement(s).
- Twitch’s failure to enforce this AUP in every instance in which it might have application does not amount to a waiver of Twitch’s rights.