Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on LinkedIn, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
You will shape the way that performance is measured, establish how we transform our data, and scale analytics methods and tools to support our growing business, leading the way for high-quality, high velocity decisions.
We're looking for an experienced data engineer to join our Monetization Data Engineering team, which is focused on making trusted, reusable data assets for data consumers in Ads, Commerce, and throughout Twitch to use. Your responsibilities will include creating and maintaining pipelines to batch transform billions of records into our data warehouses which act as sources of truth across the company; working with data producers to improve data coverage and ensure complete data; partnering with other data tool creators driving data quality and maintaining data across interfaces for Twitch staff to consume in different formats. In the process, you will work with technical and non-technical staff members throughout Twitch.
- Delight data consumers throughout Twitch by ensuring they have the data they need to inform decisions, where and when they need it
- Own organization-level data architecture for a trusted, governed, dimensionally-modeled repository of data that enables Twitch staff to quickly and reliably answer their questions
- Prioritize projects from a diverse set of stakeholders to maximize impact
- Protect data sources against data quality issues: work with data producers to ensure data passes acceptance tests; develop and maintain data quality monitoring and assurance framework; and improve the processes for developing new ones, raising the level of quality expected from our work
- Improve data discovery: create data exploration tools and promote adoption of data sources across the company
- Improve business, engineering, and data processes through data architecture, engineering, testing, and operational excellence best practices
- 3+ years of experience in data engineering, software engineering, or other related roles
- 3+ years using relational database concepts with a working knowledge of SQL, SQL tuning, data modeling best principles, OLAP, Big Data technologies
- 3+ years of experience creating data pipelines from data sources, in collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with development best practices, including query optimization, version control, code reviews, and documentation
- Experience with an orchestration platform: Airflow, Luigi, Step Functions.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services: Redshift, S3, Glue, EMR, Athena
- Experience with Python
- A passion for games and the gaming industry
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.