Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We're always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role:
We are the Original Content Team at Twitch and we produce new content formats for streamers to engage their audiences in our daily pursuit to revolutionize live entertainment for the next generation of storytellers. We push the boundaries of modern-day entertainment by elevating both inventive creativity and new technology as equally powerful forces. As a senior member of the original content team, you will be a curious ideator and executor of inspiring ideas in gaming competition, conversation, and culture. You will be a student of Twitch chat and be inspired to transform the unique voice of chat into imaginative ideas that ignite multi-player entertainment. You will combine your passion for creative storytelling with your understanding of strategy to guide measurable and impactful results. You will play a crucial role in the management and launch of our highest-profile franchises - a comfort for leading live, often abstract, high-pressure situations is a must! In addition to guiding the next chapter of content at Twitch, you will help mentor and develop a team of top performing producers. You will report to the Head of Esports & Original Content.
This position can be located in Los Angeles, CA; Irvine, CA; San Francisco, CA; or New York, New York.
- Manage a top performing team of editorial producers responsible for live broadcast production, shoulder content and other programming for Twitch's Original Content portfolio
- Manage a global creative production team and partner with the Twitch brand team to extend Twitch's visual identity to the on-air look, feel and tone of Original Content programs
- Build a diverse, and dynamic roster of talent in front of and behind the camera
- Ensure the success of creators on Twitch through development of imaginative formats integrating technology and storytelling in new ways
- Use data and research to identify content opportunities that meet and exceed goals related to creator impact and viewer retention, engagement and acquisition.
- Build relationships with important external partners such as game publishers, brands, production partners, and other 3rd parties
- Develop scaled global practices for producers to grow Twitch Original Content programs across EMEA, LATAM and APAC
- Be an essential part of the management team leading Twitch Original Content and collaborating across the Content division as well as Marketing and Sales
- Arrive earnest, mature, and ego-free. We welcome open, candid feedback, and expect every teammate to invest in bettering themselves and the group
- 12+ years experience at a senior level managing a team of producers
- 3+ years of experience in gaming or a related sector working with content creators
- Experience with building and launching high profile content properties that entertain tens of millions of viewers monthly
- A high proficiency in delivering creative feedback at each stage of the production process: concept, development, pre-production and active production
- Superb skills to cultivate strong working relationships, communicate effectively, write meticulously, and give outstanding presentations
- An established ability to produce story ideas, create narrative arcs and manage from concept to execution
- Experience and familiarity with production budgets and programming scheduling
- An experimental, risk-taking mind set open to thinking beyond traditional formats and existing models in media
- Familiarity with production software, hardware, databases and asset management systems
- Demonstrated leadership experience that enables you to organize and lead projects, overcome challenges, and propose solutions
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- 401(k), Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Commuter Benefits
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages, etc.),
- Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner Served Daily
- Free Snacks & Beverages
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, or other legally protected status.