Skip to content

Creator Camp

Introduction to Monetization

Way to EarnDescription
Subscriptions (aka subs)

A Subscription allows a viewer to pay per month to support your channel if you are a Partner or Affiliate, either on a recurring or one-time basis. Subscribers (subs) get access to your emotes and other benefits you can define. For more on subs check out this article.

Are you a Twitch streamer outside of the US? Be sure to learn more about Local Subscription Pricing, which lowers the price of subs in most countries around the world. Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3, Gift Subs and multi-month subs pricing will be lowered, making it easier for your most passionate fans to help build your community. Read more about Local Sub Pricing here.

BitsBits are used to Cheer, which is a way viewers can show you support in chat. If you are a Partner or an Affiliate, you receive $0.01 for every Bit used to Cheer directly on your channel. Many streamers have found fun ways to integrate Bits into their streams like using them for voting, or celebrating big moments. When a viewer uses Bits to Cheer, animated emotes called Cheermotes pop up in chat. If you want to get the full run-down on Bits do’s and don’ts check out the Bits Acceptable Use Policy.
AdsAds generate revenue for Partners and can be seen by viewers upon page load and when a Partner opts to run additional advertisements midstream on their dashboard.
Amazon AssociatesAmazon Associates allows you to earn referral revenue by linking specific products on your page. You receive a commission for any qualifying purchases your viewers make on Amazon when they use your links.
Extensions with BitsBits aren’t only for Cheering. In extensions, they can be used to power novel interactive experiences on your channel. Whenever viewers use Bits within extensions activated on your channel (and you’re a Partner or Affiliate), you get 80% of $0.01 for each Bit used within extension on your channel. The other 20% goes to the extension developer.

When you’re ready to start making money on Twitch, you’ll want to make sure your contact and payment information is correct and understand any tax implications. Here’s how revenue works for Partners and Affiliates , and a deeper dive into taxes .

Now that you’ve got the basics about ways to monetize your channel let’s learn more about  Bits and Subscriptions on Twitch.