Using a Twitch trademark, in whole or in part, is your acknowledgment that Twitch is the sole owner of the trademark and promise that you will not interfere with our rights in the trademark, including, without limitation, challenging Twitch’s use, registration of, or application to register such trademark, alone or in combination with other words, anywhere in the world, and that you will not harm, misuse, or bring into disrepute any Twitch trademark.
Twitch’s trademarks, service marks, trade names, and trade dress are valuable assets. Following these guidelines helps us protect our valuable trademark rights and strengthen our corporate and brand identities. The goodwill derived from using any part of a Twitch trademark exclusively inures to the benefit of and belongs to Twitch. Except for the limited right to use as expressly permitted under these guidelines, no other rights of any kind are granted hereunder, by implication or otherwise. These guidelines may be updated at any time and it is your responsibility to make sure your use is in compliance. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a licensee of a Twitch trademark, please consult your agreement as it may contain special terms or terms different than our general guidelines. You are required to follow your licensing agreement regardless of the terms below.
What is NOT an Authorized Use?
You may not use a Twitch trademark for any commercial purpose, in whole or in part, or in any manner including, but not limited to:
- for any company, product, service or user name;
- for any endorsement or sponsorship;
- on any merchandise or products manufactured or sold;
- in a way that would suggest endorsement or sponsorship by Twitch;
- in any slogan or tagline;
- in any way that could be interpreted in a disparaging manner;
- as a domain name or any combination of a domain name; or
- as any variation, takeoff, or abbreviation of the original trademark.
This list should only serve as guidance on the use of a Twitch trademark. If you are unsure about the specific nature of your planned use please contact email@example.com.
What is an Authorized Use?
You may use a Twitch trademark for any purpose that is not in violation of the above limitations and/or any license agreement you may have with Twitch, including:
- for advertising, promotional or sales materials used in a manner authorized by Twitch;
- for statements of compatibility (ex. “Compatible with Twitch”); or
- for publication, if the use reflects favorably on Twitch, is used specifically in reference to Twitch, or is a disclaimer of sponsorship, affiliation, or endorsement by Twitch.
Proper use of a Twitch trademark must include proper notice and attribution, and must include:
- the appropriate trademark symbol (TM, SM, ®); and
- attribution of Twitch’s ownership of its trademark in the following or similar format “___ is a registered trademark of Twitch.”